Health and Safety Policy Statement
My statement of general policy is:
- to provide adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from work activities
- to provide and maintain safe plant and equipment;
- to ensure safe handling and use of substances;
- to obtain information, instruction and supervision where required
- to ensure adequate training and competence
- to prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health;
- to maintain safe and healthy working conditions
- to review and revise this policy as necessary at regular intervals.
Review date 4/10/2020
Health and safety at Work etc Act 1974
I am responsible for:
- Overall and final responsibility for health and safety
- Day-to-day responsibility for ensuring this policy is put into practice
- Health and safety standards continuous improvement
- Taking reasonable care of my own and others health and safety
- Risk assessment preparation, recording findings and implementing risk reduction
- Reviewing risk assessments annually or on a change in activity
- Purchasing, maintenance and inspection of all appropriate work equipment to ensure that it meets the required health and safety standards.
- Identifying, assessing and implementing COSHH assessments for all appropriate substances.
- Reporting accidents, diseases and dangerous occurrences to the enforcing authority and keeping records of non-reportable accidents.
- Investigating accidents., sickness and health related issues to implement means of avoiding their recurrence.
I am competent in the tasks required for the company and records of my training courses are kept with the company, further training will be arranged as necessary.
I will ensure that policies, assessments and statements are updated as required or on an annual basis to reflect the needs of the business.